Ives Estates and all of central Florida enjoy beautiful weather for much of the calendar year. Motorcyclists experience the true glory of our state as they travel across our highways and back roads. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents happen to even the most experienced riders, often from no fault of their own. When this occurs, the bike rider will want to enlist an Ives Estates personal injury lawyer in preparing for a motorcycle accident claim and protecting their rights.
Evidence is Crucial in Preparing Your Accident Claim
There are many steps you can take to assist in the preparation of your motorcycle accident claim:
- If at all possible, take photos of the wreck. If you are not capable of this step, ask a witness to help you. At the very least, have someone go back to the scene and photograph the area where the accident occurred.
- Call the police to ensure a police report is filed. Your injury lawyer will be able to obtain a copy of this important evidence.
- As soon as possible, write down the facts of the accident. Your memory will fade over time.
- Seek witnesses’ contact information. A witness can add credibility to your claim.
- Get medical treatment. A doctor’s report is an imperative part of a motorcycle accident claim.
Know Your Rights in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
An Ives Estates personal injury lawyer at Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA will guard your rights and your financial well-being to give you the best chance of recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation.