Miami Truck Accident Attorney
By virtue of their size and speed, trucks invariably cause devastating accidents. If you were on the receiving end of a truck collision, it is likely that you have suffered a catastrophic injury. Rather than struggle to avoid financial peril while fighting to get healthy, let an experienced attorney guide you through the legal process toward the full and fair monetary compensation you are owed.
No Win — No Fees or Costs · Services in English, Spanish and Creole
At Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA, our Miami truck accident lawyers have more than 90 combined years of experience representing injured clients. Our experience partnering with trusted medical professionals allows us to gain a clear understanding of your injury and how it might impact the rest of your life. These impacts, ultimately, will cost a great deal of money to ensure you maintain the same quality of life you have become accustomed to. Our Florida attorneys will aggressively pursue every legal avenue of compensation to ensure your financial stability through these challenging times.
In 2005, Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA received a $25 Million Dollar Jury Verdict in Miami. The case involved a huge truck (hauling automobiles) plowing into our client, resulting in devastating injuries.
Miami 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Truck drivers are under an inordinate amount of pressure to deliver their loads fast. If they are able to complete a run before the expected delivery date, they stand to make more money. With this driving force, it is no wonder that some drivers might let certain safe driving techniques fall by the wayside. Accidents can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Driver fatigue (this is probably the top safety violation contributing to many catastrophic trucking accidents).
- Violating hours of service rules (FMCSA Regulations, Part 395)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violation of load limits
- Unbalanced loads
- Failure to maintain proper stopping distance
- Failure to maintain safety equipment such as lights, brakes or horn
Our attorneys work as a team to ensure you receive the finest representation we can offer. Semi-truck accidents can have devastating results to you and your loved ones. Do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney at NK&P. It is important to work with a truck accident law firm that has the experience and knowledge necessary to address trucking litigation issues. An experienced trucking accident lawyer will know that, often, truck driver’s log books are falsified. Sometimes there are two sets of log books – the actual trucking log book and one that might be colloquially referred to as the comic book or joke book.
Your big-rig accident lawyer should be familiar with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and how they impact your potential case and the responsibilities of truck drivers and commercial carriers.
Our firm will consider all potential liable parties. In addition to the driver; the motor carrier or employee leasing company who hired the driver may be liable. Often, the truck driver’s employment file will contain inaccuracies that were not properly vetted by the hiring company, undisclosed criminal records, driving safety violations, etc. In addition the motor carrier has an obligation to make sure that their trucks are properly maintained and fitted with safety devices.
An experienced truck accident lawyer will be ready to:
- take the deposition of the motor carrier’s safety director in addition to the truck driver – looking for evidence of fatigue, destruction of evidence, evidence of safety-regulation violations, irregularities in the carrier’s fleet-safety program, and pre/post trip inspections.
- take the deposition of the motor carrier’s dispatchers, mechanics, accident reconstruction experts, and other corporate representatives.
- submit many motions to produce the truck’s safety data and the company’s/driver’s historical safety records and delivery schedules.
- obtain EOBRD (Electronic On Board Recording Device) downloads.
- examine interstate truck tire tread depths
- examine interstate truck brake parts
Of course, it is best if you can avoid the truck accident in the first place. But if, despite driving carefully, you or a loved one becomes involved in a tractor trailer or big rig auto accident….
Contact Our Firm
If you have questions regarding trucking accidents, we encourage you to contact Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA. All cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis — if there is no recovery, you do not pay. Evening and weekend appointments are available for the convenience of our clients. Services offered in English, Spanish and Creole.