Finding a solution to road rage and reducing the number of car accidents caused by aggressive driving is an important mission in Aventura and surrounding areas. Catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths occur daily because of preventable driving behaviors and aggressive driving decisions.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines road rage as: an assault with a motor vehicle or other dangerous weapon by the operator or passenger(s) of one motor vehicle on the operator or passenger(s) of another motor vehicle caused by an incident that occurred on a roadway.
Symptoms of Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
- Condemnation or thoughts of violence towards other drivers
- Verbal abuse and condemnation of other drivers to the passengers in your car
- Dismissing traffic safety rules because you do not think they are important
- Aggressive or risky driving decisions; tailgating, swerving in-and-out of traffic, running traffic signals, etc.
- Excessive speeding
- Honking your horn excessively
- Flashing headlights at oncoming traffic or traffic in front of you
- Passing other drivers and then slowing down to aggravate them
Safety Tips to Reduce Road Rage Car Accidents
- Give yourself plenty of time to get where you are going
- Listen to calming music
- Plan ahead for traffic congestion; control your reaction to the unexpected
- Always be polite and courteous, even if other drivers are not
- Avoid conflict; if another driver tries to entice you into a conflict, remain calm and try to get away from the situation
- Make sure you have ample room for changing lanes; ensure you are not cutting off another driver
- Do not tailgate
- Refrain from aggressive hand gestures towards other drivers regardless if they have offended you
- Utilize turn signals for lane changes
- Don’t try to win; nobody wins if a car accident occurs
- Get help from police; never pull to the side of the road and stop
Aventura Car Accident Attorney
If you have been in a wreck that occurred due to road rage, contact the car accident attorneys at Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA for a free consultation to see if you have a claim for property damage or personal injury. We service Aventura and surrounding communities, and we work on a contingency basis.